What We Believe
This church accepts the Holy Scriptures (the Bible) as the revealed will of God and the all-sufficient rule for faith and practices; and for the purpose of maintaining general unity, adopts the following statement of fundamental truths:
- In the plenary inspiration and inerrancy of the Scriptures contained in the Old and New Testaments, and stated above, that the Bible is the only sufficient rule of faith and practice;
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit;
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death.
- in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal, future return to earth in power and glory to judge the living and the dead;
- In the Holy Spirit – God present with us for guidance, comfort, and empowerment;
- That the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ;
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation;
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life;
- In the Church as the fellowship for worship and service for all who are united to the living Lord;
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – the one to everlasting life, and the other to everlasting damnation;
Further, we affirm the importance of the family unit and the authority of parents in choosing the best method of educating their children, whether it be through the public schools, a private school, or home-schooling.